EXPLORATION DRILLING SERVICES
In 2019 Swick launched the specialised DeepEX division within the drilling business to cater for deep exploration, difficult drilling conditions and infrastructure drilling. Specialised mobile drilling equipment was designed, and our crews handpicked from the experienced pool of drillers that Swick enjoys. Since that time, DeepEX has developed a reputation for de-risking difficult scopes and reaching target.
The specialised equipment is extremely powerful with a drilling torque that is five times greater than industry standard and up to 15 times more torque when the rotation unit is in low range ensuring that drillers can manage issues and recover the integrity of holes. DeepEX has drilled deep exploration holes beyond 1,500m in depth without losing one drill string in the ground. That sort of reliability is very valuable to our clients and we are very proud of the equipment and systems we have developed to cater for the challenging ground conditions.
BENEFITS OF DEEPEX DRILLING FOR EXPLORATION
- Specialist high torque, high capacity mobile drilling rigs – most powerful mobile rigs in the world.
- DeepEX targets work involving deep exploration drill holes ranging from 0- 2000m + underground. Our high-powered, 2 speed drill enables us to meet our clients’ needs by advancing through all types of ground conditions using all drill pipe sizes from BQ, NQ, HQ, and PQ.
- STS mud recycling unit, recycling up to 70% drill fluids reducing the cost of drill fluids/additives significantly and increasing hole stability.
- Handpicked, experienced and specialised crews from within the company.
- Competent in all types of drilling and wedging operations, navigational drilling, parent/daughter configuration drill holes designed alongside geology teams to ensure target success.
- Sectional grouting faults/shear zones within drill holes for maximum circulation and hole stabilization.
SAFETY ABOVE ALL ELSE
For us, safety always comes first. No matter the scope of the project we’re delivering, we comply with the strictest safety regulations, which ensures the safety of our people and others remains top of mind and is never compromised.
For all your expert DeepEX drilling needs, get in touch with our Business Development Team.